I just realized something today: It’s been six months since I started Portjam & Co. Six months of sharing my travel stories and photos. Six months of filling up post-it notes with ideas for future posts (remind me to get a note book!). It might not seem like a lot but it’s quite momentous to me! As if to remind me of how truly awesome the last six months have been, I found a very happy surprise in my Facebook inbox: Crystal at Happily Every Uncluttered had nominated me for a Liebster Award! Crystal, you honestly made my day with the nomination! If ever you’ve needed help in the organizing department, I urge you to check out Happily Ever Uncluttered. There are lots of awesome tips and tutorials!
What’s a Liebster award you ask? It’s a way for bloggers to acknowledge other bloggers on the all of the hard work they put into building their blog and give them a shoutout. Now I’m paying it forward by nominating the bloggers below for their awesome blogs!
Now, as part of my nomination, I have to answer the questions Cindy posed. And without further ado, here are my answers:
- Who is your biggest influence in the blogging world? The Travelling Newlyweds. They are also part-time travellers but explore their surroundings and go on a few shorter-term trips per year, which is exactly how I travel. And I also love how they approach blogging and social media!
- What is something about you that you wish you could change? I have a tendency to be sensitive… I’m working on it though!
- What is your goal with your blog for the next year? I’d like to continue fine tuning the layout of my blog, figure out the best strategy for my blog’s social media presence, and, of course, grow my reach and followers.
- What is your favourite food? This is the toughest question to answer! I can’t just name one so here are three: lasagna and brownies. (And ice cream. Ok, three).
- What is your favourite season? Without a single doubt, summer! I love being able to walk out of my house and feel the warmth on my skin. I love wearing dresses and sandals. I love it all.
- What made you decide to take the leap and start blogging? Actually, it was seeing the Travelling Newlyweds instagram feed last year. Writing about travel is something that’s been brewing in my mind for a long time, probably since the early 2000s, and I felt like coming across their Instagram feed just made it all click.
- What is your greatest accomplishment in life? Finishing university. I studied electrical engineering, and faced some pretty major struggles early on in the program. Even though I wanted to quit (several times), I kept stubbornly at it (surprising even myself) and learned that failure is only failure if you don’t extract the lesson from it and move forward.
- What is your most favourite things of all time to do? I’m going to cheat and say travel, because I live away from my family so seeing them is lumped in with trips abroad.
- What is your favourite book? Eleven Minutes by Paolo Coelho.
- Would you rather visit the beach or the mountains? Tough! I adore beaches but the reality is that mountains (and forests) take my breath away. So, mountains.
I nominate these awesome people for the Liebster award!
- Shelly at Tikamika
- Ben at Huge Party Travel
- Mihaela at World Travel Bug
- Virginie at Farm Boy & City Girl
- Zen at Happiness, Wherever
- Kaley at Communication is Difficult
- Jenna at Blonde Well Traveled
- Jade at Through The Liquid Looking Glass
- Karin at Truncation
- Kimberly at The Paris Itinerary
And last but not least, here are the questions I’m posing to the nominees above.
- What is your most memorable meal (at home or abroad)?
- If you could go 10 years back in time, what advice would you give yourself?
- What is your favourite memory while travelling abroad?
- Where would you recommend if someone asked you where they should visit? Why?
- Is there a place you’ve travelled to you’d rather not return to?
- What made you start blogging?
- What advice would you give to other new bloggers?
- Who is the biggest inspiration for your blog?
- Would you rather be a nomad or an expat?
- What is your next travel destination?
A huge thank you to Cindy again for nominating me and spreading the blogger love!